Distributing - What You Need to Know About Distributing Products and Retail Chains!
Distributing products is a crucial aspect of any business. If you have a product that you believe in and want to make money from, you need to find effective ways to distribute it to the world. However, many people struggle with this step. They create amazing products but don’t know what to do with them.
When I first started selling products, I worked for a manufacturer in the fashion industry in New York. We created beautiful jewelry and accessories, and our goal was to sell them to chain stores. Selling to bigger retailers is one way to distribute your product on a massive scale and make as much money as possible. These chain stores have a wide reach, with millions of customers and a strong online presence. As a sales rep, I wanted to go after the big players because I believed that’s where the money was.
Eventually, I started my own business, Retail MBA, where I educate people on how to get their products into stores in every product category. Selling to chain stores is just one strategy for distributing your products. There are many other ways to distribute your product and generate revenue. Let’s explore some of these strategies:
- Selling to HSN and QVC: If your product doesn’t make sense for chain stores, another option is to sell to the HSN and QVC market. These platforms cater to a specific demographic, typically women of an older age or people looking to buy gifts for their family members. If your product aligns with this target audience, selling on HSN or QVC could be a great distribution strategy for you.
- Selling to online retailers: With the rise of e-commerce, selling your products online has become a popular distribution strategy. There are numerous online retailers where you can list and sell your products. This allows you to reach a wide audience and tap into the growing online shopping trend.
- Licensing your products: Another way to distribute your products is through licensing. This involves granting someone else the rights to produce and sell your products under their brand name. Licensing can be a lucrative option if you have a unique product that can be easily replicated.
- Selling to catalogs: Catalogs are still a popular way for consumers to discover and purchase products. If your product is visually appealing and can be showcased effectively in a catalog, selling through catalogs can be a successful distribution strategy.
- Selling to corporations: Some products are better suited for corporate clients. For example, if you have a product that can be used in employee wellness programs or as corporate gifts, targeting corporations with an HR division can be a profitable distribution strategy.
- Selling locally: Don’t overlook the power of local retail. Boutique shops, mom and pop stores, and convenience stores can be great distribution channels for certain products. These local retailers often cater to a specific niche market and can help you reach a targeted audience.
- Working with group buying platforms: Group buying platforms like Groupon Goods offer opportunities to sell your products at discounted prices to a large customer base. These platforms attract customers looking for deals and can help you reach a wide audience while generating revenue.
- Selling internationally: If your product has global appeal, consider expanding your distribution to international markets. Selling internationally can open up new opportunities and increase your customer base.
- Mail order catalogs: Mail order catalogs specialize in different types of products and can be a great distribution strategy if your product fits their catalog’s theme. Visual appeal is crucial in this channel, as customers rely on pictures and descriptions to make their purchasing decisions.
It’s important to note that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to distributing products. The key is to understand your product and identify the distribution strategies that align with its target audience and market potential. Don’t limit yourself to just one strategy; explore multiple avenues to maximize your product’s reach and revenue potential.
At Retail MBA, we provide training and coaching on various distribution strategies. Our books cover each strategy in detail, helping you determine which approach is best for your product. Whether it’s selling to chain stores, HSN and QVC, online retailers, or any other distribution channel, we can help you navigate the process and make money from your product.
In conclusion, distributing products is a crucial step in making money from your creations. By understanding your product and exploring different distribution strategies, you can reach a wider audience and generate revenue. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and explore multiple avenues for distribution. Remember, there are numerous ways to distribute your product, and finding the right strategy can make all the difference in your success.
Stay tuned for more videos where we discuss different ways to think about your product and explore additional distribution strategies. At Retail MBA, our goal is to help you make money and succeed in the world of product distribution.
Thank you for watching, and please visit our website at retailmba.com to learn more about our training and resources.
Here are a few other blog posts you might be interested in:
Step-by-step training on how to sell to major retailers
We explain exactly how to do that and how to get started today. I’ve taught tens of thousands of companies on how to get your products to the stores. And so we’re here to support you. Or please subscribe to our Youtube channel and or be on the lookout for additional training that we create.
We are here to expedite the process of making money with your physical products and that’s what we’re all about. Take a look at our advanced training, live events, certification programs and so much more.
In this training, I will discuss some of the things to think about when approaching a retailer to sell your products and become a vendor. Hope it helps! 🙂
Questions? Contact Us!
1-855-Retail-2 (Call or Text)
Retail MBA provides a step-by-step formula on How to Sell to Major Retailers, Online Retailers, Smaller Retailers, Catalogs and More. No Experience Required! These solutions continue to convert for clients year-over-year! These are Time-Tested and Proven Strategies that we utilize ourselves when going after stores! Everything we teach, we test. Want access to these formulas? ANY one of our programs and coaching systems gives you access to them now. With that said…
Here are 4 Easy Ways to Work with Us:
1) Free Training – If You Would Like to Join Our Next FREE Webinar Training Called “Retail Chain Store Secrets – How to Sell to Major Retail Chains. No Experience Required” Then Sign Up NOW To Learn All About Selling into Retail Chains By Clicking Here! https://www.retailmba.com
2) Masterclass Intensives – Want to Join our Next 4 Week Elite Retail MBA Masterclass Intensive? These Intensives Are EPIC for people who Love Fast Paced Learning – Homework, Retail Coaching, Developing Your Strategy, Buyers Contacts and More! These Events Are Held Every Quarter. Join us by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/masterclass
3) Done-for-You Program – If You Want Karen Waksman and Her Team to Reach Out to Your Top Dream Retail Chains On Your Behalf – And You Have a Retail-Ready Product, Check Out our Epic Done-For-You Service by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/done
4) In Person Events – If You Want to Learn LIVE and Meet Karen Waksman in Person at Our Next Retail Sellers LIVE Event with Other Like-Minded Individuals in Beautiful San Diego, CA!
We Would LOVE to Have You Join Us by Clicking Here: https://www.americasnextretailproduct.com
Thanks so much.
And…if you like this training, you will love these new short training sessions as well! Click on the links provided to watch and grow your consumer product business TODAY!