How do you find a retail buyer list? Do you have to pay for this list? Or can you get this list for free?
You cannot call a chain store and ask for a buyer’s name. They will not give you this information!
That is why in this short training video, I explain how to get a buyer’s name and contact information.
And transcript for this video is listed below.
I hope it helps! 🙂
To your success,
Founder and CEO, Retail MBA Brands
Email: info (at) RetailMBA.com
P.S. Retail MBA provides a step-by-step formula on How to Sell to Major Retailers, Online Retailers, Smaller Retailers, Catalogs and More. No Experience Required! These solutions continue to convert for clients year-over-year! These are Time-Tested and Proven Strategies that we utilize ourselves when going after stores! Everything we teach, we test. Want access to these formulas? ANY one of our programs and coaching systems gives you access to them now. With that said…
Here are 4 Easy Ways to Work with Us:
1) Free Training – If You Would Like to Join Our Next FREE Webinar Training Called “Retail Chain Store Secrets – How to Sell to Major Retail Chains. No Experience Required” Then Sign Up NOW To Learn All About Selling into Retail Chains By Clicking Here! https://www.retailmba.com
2) Masterclass Intensives – Want to Join our Next 4 Week Elite Retail MBA Masterclass Intensive? These Intensives Are EPIC for people who Love Fast Paced Learning – Homework, Retail Coaching, Developing Your Strategy, Buyers Contacts and More! These Events Are Held Every Quarter. Join us by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/masterclass
3) Done-for-You Program – If You Want Karen Waksman and Her Team to Reach Out to Your Top Dream Retail Chains On Your Behalf – And You Have a Retail-Ready Product, Check Out our Epic Done-For-You Service by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/done
4) In Person Events – If You Want to Learn LIVE and Meet Karen Waksman in Person at Our Next Retail Sellers LIVE Event with Other Like-Minded Individuals in Beautiful San Diego, CA!
We Would LOVE to Have You Join Us by Clicking Here: https://www.americasnextretailproduct.com
Retail Buyer List
Transcript for this Video Here:
Retail Buyer List – Today, I cover a topic that comes up all the time about getting a retail buyer list in my workshops and seminars. People always ask me, “Karen, I know you’re a big proponent in going after major retailers yourself, doing the work yourself and getting stuff into stores. Okay. That’s wonderful. But how do I get access to buyers’ contact information?” Well, if you’ve ever called the major retailer and asked for a buyer, they’re not going to give you that information. It just doesn’t happen that way. They’ll actually redirect you to something called a vendor department. In a future video, I will actually explain that in more detail. But just so you know, they’re typically not going to give you that information.
So what do you do? How do you get that information? Well, just so you know, there are companies out there who’ve done the work for you. There’s a company called the Chain Store Guide. That’s one example. It’s the Chain Store Guide. They have basically gone out and found all the names and contact information of the buyers that you’re looking for at all the major retailers. I think their website is csgis.com, csgis.com. That’s just one company. Another company is the Salesman’s Guide. They have a very similar concept. It’s basically they go out and they find all the buyers’ names and then you just buy this information. Yes, it does cost money, but it’ll save you so much time and energy and they have the information there for you.
Another company is called Infomax. There’s a whole variety of these different companies. So just so you know, there is information out there available to you. So my recommendation is to go out and to purchase these lists. It’s either in book form or an email form or in database form and so forth, and get access to that information.
Now, one thing I tell people, if you’re kind of tight on cash and I know a lot of people who have products getting out into the market can have some challenges financially, what I tell them to do is go to your local library and see if they have these books available for you. It’s kind of a helpful tip. Not all libraries offer this information, but there are a lot that do, a lot of the bigger cities typically have the Chain Store Guide or the Salesman’s Guide available for you. You can just go there and really just feel it out, take a look at what they have available and then go from there and save yourself a lot of money. So that’s just some great tip there.
So ultimately when you’re looking at these lists, one thing, I just really think that you should know, make sure that you pick lists and you buy whatever it is that you buy, the buyers’ names and so forth, make sure that they have been checked out within the last year. You don’t want any lists that are more than a year old. Just so you know, major retail buyers change jobs a lot. They changed jobs consistently. So anything over than a year will not be very valuable to you because you’ll notice that a lot of the buyers’ names aren’t going to be accurate. So that’s another helpful tip.
So anyways, I hope this provided for you. Go out and just get the information from a company that’s already done the work for you, or go to the library and get something for free. Anyways, I hope this provided value and please keep looking out for the videos that I create. Thank you so much and have a great day.
Thanks so much.
If you like this training, you will love these new short training sessions as well! Click on the links provided to watch and grow your consumer product business TODAY!
- Professionals Do THIS to Get Products into Store. Learn More Here: https://www.retailmba.com/sell-to-retailers
- How to Sell to Retailers with Zero Sales History: https://www.retailmba.com/how-to-sell-in-retail-zero-sales
- Do I Need a Retail Patent to Sell to Retail Chains? Learn More Here: https://www.retailmba.com/retail-patents