Walmart Vendor - How to Sell to Walmart
How to Sell to WalmartWalmart requires certain requirements of sellers who wish to sell their product through them, including safety, compliance and a secure supply chain. Furthermore, Walmart adheres to stringent pricing policies; you should make sure your landing price complies with its low-price guarantee. Selling to Walmart has many advantages, not least no monthly vendor fees to pay; instead, the company charges a referral fee between 6%-20% of each sale made through them.
1. Research the marketBefore applying to be a Walmart supplier, you need to understand their market. Since Walmart is known for being competitive, your products must be priced accordingly and you should observe customer patterns within stores in order to gain placement on shelves. Furthermore, it is crucial that you become acquainted with company policies and requirements so you can effectively offer solutions that meet them. Walmart prioritizes applicants with strong selling histories online. Walmart will give your application more consideration if you can demonstrate success selling online and meeting minimum order volumes while providing high-quality data such as UPC codes, photos and descriptions of your product offerings. Registration with Walmart and Sam’s Club Marketplace, their online sales platform, is also key. Once registered, you will receive a launch checklist with instructions for getting started selling items via this marketplace. Membership to Walmart Marketplace is free; however there may be fees charged depending on which category your item falls into when selling them through it. Last but not least, you should optimize your listings for SEO – particularly if you’re running a small business. Make sure that there is an in-depth description with relevant keywords included and test out how your listings perform by placing orders through their respective website(s). Becoming a Walmart vendor can be long and complex, especially if you are unfamiliar with their market. Working with an experienced distribution partner like Buffalo Market can make the journey much smoother. Our distribution company works with an array of food and beverage brands – and can assist in helping your organization to navigate it successfully.
2. Create a sell sheetBecoming a Walmart Marketplace seller can be an excellent way to expand your business and bring new customers onto your products. Walmart Marketplace is an online platform where third-party sellers can sell alongside Walmart merchandise; membership is free, and world-class tools allow sellers to manage orders efficiently. The process itself is relatively easy if your company has the required infrastructure; otherwise it could be denied. However, ensure all information submitted in your application is correct as otherwise it could be denied. Your product catalog can be submitted to Walmart through your seller account by using Walmart’s Online Product Submission form. During this process, you will need to provide basic company details as well as descriptions of each item for submission. In addition, specify an integration method and check that none of them fall into restricted product categories. Add variations to your listings on Walmart’s marketplace in order to increase visibility and help buyers locate them easily and compare them against similar options. For instance, if you sell t-shirts that come in various colors and sizes, create separate listings for each variant. Once your business is approved by Walmart, they will require you to enter into a vendor agreement which outlines all of their terms and conditions as a vendor; such as payment terms and shipping details. They also require proof of insurance as well as providing their TIN or W9 number; failure to do so could impede sales on Walmart’s marketplace.
3. Create a websiteEstablishing a website is one of the first steps toward becoming a Walmart vendor. By testing out your checkout process and orders fulfillment system before potential buyers arrive on your site, this can also allow you to test out checkout process bottlenecks before any customers attempt to purchase from you. Furthermore, creating your brand presence online and increasing organic traffic to your website are additional advantages of creating one. Applying to become a walmart vendor can take months, so ensure your business and products are prepared ahead of time. First, register and complete your partner profile; this provides buyers with an overview of all your policies visible to all buyers. Secondly, demonstrate that your company can fulfill orders, prioritize customer service, and deliver quality products. Once you’ve registered and completed your profile, the application process begins. Once submitted, you must provide company information, payment method details and upload products for consideration by Walmart. They also require that applicants provide a Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) number as an indicator of risk level in business operations. When completed, simply await response from one of their buyers! Once approved to sell on Walmart Marketplace, payments will begin flowing biweekly from them. There is no monthly fee; simply a referral fee per item sold (varies based on category) as this covers fulfillment, shipping and handling expenses as well as costs related to sales tax collection and handling fees. Walmart Marketplace makes an ideal platform for small businesses with less than 100 employees; just beware that commission rates might be higher compared to other platforms as payments could take longer to arrive in your account.
4. Create a social media accountWalmart is one of the world’s largest online retailers and provides sellers with numerous tools to manage their storefronts. These tools allow sellers to automate repetitive tasks and reduce risks related to input errors; increase visibility among potential customers and enhance brand reputation; but for new merchants selling on Walmart Marketplace can be challenging: creating seller accounts can take some time while listing products entails another step-by-step process to meet Walmart guidelines. Reaching Walmart stores could make or break your business. Walmart has stringent requirements, which is essential when applying. Walmart prefers high-quality everyday items that provide excellent value to shoppers while staying away from similar products that have already been sold elsewhere – it is therefore vital to highlight what makes your products special when applying. Once accepted into Walmart Marketplace Program Retailer Agreement, you’ll need to sign the Retailer Agreement which outlines your responsibilities and expectations regarding shipping, conditions of sale, product chemical information and return management. In addition to signing this document you will also need a tax ID number, Dun & Bradstreet number and certificate of insurance before commencing operations. Once you’ve signed the agreement, it’s time to select how you’d like to be paid. Payoneer, HYPERWALLET or PingPong offer convenient methods for sending and receiving payments while setting up bank accounts to receive bulk payments biweekly. In addition, Walmart needs your return center name and shipping address in order to print labels when returning products back to you.
5. Create an email listCreate an email list as one of the most efficient methods of marketing your business. Done properly, it can increase sales and customer satisfaction while helping prevent spamming your customer base. An email list also makes marketing your products to potential buyers much simpler. To create an email list, first create a free account on a popular email service and then start adding contacts through emails or social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. When your list grows large enough, promotional offers or coupons may begin rolling in; then once that occurs you can begin making money. Unbecoming a Walmart supplier may seem difficult at first glance, but with the right product and strict adherence to requirements your business could become one of their suppliers and gain entry to their marketplace. Walmart boasts world-class systems and security to protect both their customers’ personal information as well as any financial details stored with you. Step one of becoming a Walmart vendor is applying online. For this step, you will require basic information about your business such as GTIN membership number and federal tax ID number. Once submitted, an email with instructions will follow with further steps including possibly having to complete a supplier questionnaire, answer product line questions or upload photos of company logos. Walmart favors sellers with established histories on third-party marketplaces and an impressive product selection and outstanding customer reviews on those marketplaces. Furthermore, certain criteria must be fulfilled as described on Walmart’s website during your application process.
Step-by-step training on how to sell to major retailers
We explain exactly how to do that and how to get started today. I’ve taught tens of thousands of companies on how to get your products to the stores. And so we’re here to support you. Or please subscribe to our Youtube channel and or be on the lookout for additional training that we create.
We are here to expedite the process of making money with your physical products and that’s what we’re all about. Take a look at our advanced training, live events, certification programs and so much more.
In this training, I will discuss some of the things to think about when approaching a retailer to sell your products and become a vendor. Hope it helps! 🙂
Questions? Contact Us!
1-855-Retail-2 (Call or Text)
Retail MBA provides a step-by-step formula on How to Sell to Major Retailers, Online Retailers, Smaller Retailers, Catalogs and More. No Experience Required! These solutions continue to convert for clients year-over-year! These are Time-Tested and Proven Strategies that we utilize ourselves when going after stores! Everything we teach, we test. Want access to these formulas? ANY one of our programs and coaching systems gives you access to them now. With that said…
Here are 4 Easy Ways to Work with Us:
1) Free Training – If You Would Like to Join Our Next FREE Webinar Training Called “Retail Chain Store Secrets – How to Sell to Major Retail Chains. No Experience Required” Then Sign Up NOW To Learn All About Selling into Retail Chains By Clicking Here! https://www.retailmba.com
2) Masterclass Intensives – Want to Join our Next 4 Week Elite Retail MBA Masterclass Intensive? These Intensives Are EPIC for people who Love Fast Paced Learning – Homework, Retail Coaching, Developing Your Strategy, Buyers Contacts and More! These Events Are Held Every Quarter. Join us by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/masterclass
3) Done-for-You Program – If You Want Karen Waksman and Her Team to Reach Out to Your Top Dream Retail Chains On Your Behalf – And You Have a Retail-Ready Product, Check Out our Epic Done-For-You Service by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/done
4) In Person Events – If You Want to Learn LIVE and Meet Karen Waksman in Person at Our Next Retail Sellers LIVE Event with Other Like-Minded Individuals in Beautiful San Diego, CA!
We Would LOVE to Have You Join Us by Clicking Here: https://www.americasnextretailproduct.com
Thanks so much.
And…if you like this training, you will love these new short training sessions as well! Click on the links provided to watch and grow your consumer product business TODAY!