Walmart Suppliers - How to Get Your Product in Walmart
1. Make sure your product is in stockBecoming a Walmart supplier can be an incredible opportunity for growth in your business, but you must keep in mind that large orders may tie up resources – delaying supplier payments or disrupting payroll for example – which could prevent new customer acquisition. You can avoid this problem by making sure your product is always in stock when ordering from Walmart. To check if an item is in stock, Walmart provides its Brickseek Inventory Tool. This allows users to search items by their SKU or UPC numbers and provides information regarding availability at local Walmart stores as well as pricing and unit counts. Alternatively, call your nearest store directly and ask whether an item is available; though during a coronavirus pandemic response from customer care may take a bit longer due to limited working hours. Pactum AI provides Walmart suppliers with another option when it comes to negotiation: using text-based discussions between Walmart and suppliers to discuss agreements; the AI then compares each supplier’s demands against trends, commodity values and competitors’ costs to reach an inevitability-based deal that’s often non-negotiable. The system was successfully piloted in Canada and will soon expand to the US. Indeed, three out of four suppliers prefer haggling with AI over humans – this represents a fascinating development which may lead to new models for buyer-supplier relationships. Are You Looking to become a Walmart Supplier? When pursuing this opportunity, first complete all the required paperwork. After doing this, contact the EDI Help Desk in order to set up electronic access into their vendor system and complete your agreement as a supplier.
2. Have a good relationship with your supplierWhen seeking to enter walmart with your product, cultivating a good relationship with your supplier is paramount to ensuring the best outcome for your company. Communicate regularly and provide feedback; understanding what expectations there are from suppliers also plays a part. Doing this will make gaining entry easier for both of you! Be Prepared: Be mindful that getting an order from Walmart typically takes six months to a year due to their stringent requirements and suppliers being required to fulfill them. In order to be successful with meeting with a buyer from this retailer, conduct extensive research prior to meeting and visiting one of their stores so you can see how products are displayed there. Make sure that your product meets Walmart standards by designing packaging that satisfies their guidelines, providing accurate inventory numbers and upholding quality control of the product. Furthermore, understanding Walmart’s payment system can take up to 28 days for payments to settle – therefore it is recommended to submit invoices by Friday of each week. Respond quickly and positively to customer inquiries and complaints; this demonstrates your care for them and willingness to go the extra mile on their behalf. Finally, timely deliveries must also be guaranteed; Walmart is known for being loyal to suppliers that meet these criteria consistently.
3. Have a good websiteAn effective website is key for any online business. It can help draw in potential customers and boost sales while building credibility and SEO rankings in search results. When selecting a web host provider, customer support must be top of mind – be sure to select one that meets all of your requirements and needs. To become a Walmart supplier, it is necessary to fulfill several requirements. First and foremost is having products that meet Walmart standards at competitive prices; secondly must your product meet demand; thirdly must production exceed demand; finally must comply with all laws and regulations of your industry as well as possibly having to pay a slotting fee to secure shelf space for them. Walmart looks for companies with proven records of success that emphasize social responsibility. Therefore, their initiatives include creating American jobs, supporting women- and minority-owned businesses and cutting emissions – benefits which not only will bring benefit to them as an organization but can help your products be sold in Walmart as well. Becoming a national product supplier means selling your goods across Walmart stores across the country as well as online. In order to do this successfully, it’s necessary to have a proven track record and build customer loyalty; test products at local and regional retailers before approaching Walmart; however, don’t rely on Walmart sales for more than 30% of revenue generation.
4. Have a good marketing strategyMany small businesses dream of selling their products on Walmart shelves, but with hard work it can become reality. First, ensure your product has active, viable market demand that meets Walmart’s high quality standards and production costs if produced in large volumes; additionally be prepared to pay a slotting fee should they agree to sell your product in their stores. Start by reaching out to your local Walmart store manager and inquiring whether the company would like to stock your product. This is an effective way of testing it before attempting a national rollout. Alternatively, attend one of Walmart’s open call events held once annually at its Bentonville, Arkansas headquarters designed specifically for small manufacturers and sellers. Apply for national contracts but be prepared for longer processing times if that option interests you as well. Once accepted as a supplier, create a Partner Center account and complete all required paperwork. Develop a solid financial plan to cover expenses while you wait for invoice payments from Walmart; these payments typically range between 30-90 days. As part of your sales pitch, provide details about your product and explain what makes it different from competitors. Proving that you conducted extensive research can help convince buyers that it will sell well; most Walmart buyers prefer product lines over singular items. Hire a professional sales rep to represent your company at Walmart pitches, they know the landscape well and have relationships with employees of this giant retailer, helping to navigate all its rules and regulations for selling to them.
5. Have a good customer serviceIf you want to sell products on Walmart’s website, customer service is of vital importance. By providing prompt responses to inquiries from your customers and building positive customer relations processes that increase sales. In addition, having good customer relations builds customer trust. To have your product available at Walmart, it must meet its stringent quality and safety requirements as well as comply with insurance requirements. In order to protect your inventions from being copied by competitors, patenting them beforehand would also be wise. Walmart prefers working with brands that already have an established presence at other retailers or e-commerce platforms, making their decision process simpler when considering your product as suitable for their stores. Furthermore, you will have greater success securing shelf space if it has had high sales figures and outstanding feedback from customers. Walmart is actively looking for products that support its key initiatives, including American jobs creation, women and minority-owned business assistance and cutting emissions. Therefore, before approaching Walmart with your brand it would be wise to align it with one or more of these programs. Once your application has been accepted, you will be invited out to Bentonville for an interview with a Walmart buyer. At this visit, you will have limited time allotted for you to present your product, with samples and sales statistics ready. It is also recommended that you familiarize yourself with Walmart’s supplier specifications ahead of the meeting. After this meeting has ended, a supplier agreement and access will be given so you can use Walmart’s Global Supplier Management Application (GSM), where seller requirements will be verified – once fulfilled GSM can match these requirements, then selling on their marketplace is ready!
Walmart Suppliers – How to Get Your Product in Walmart
Step-by-step training on how to sell to major retailers
We explain exactly how to do that and how to get started today. I’ve taught tens of thousands of companies on how to get your products to the stores. And so we’re here to support you. Or please subscribe to our Youtube channel and or be on the lookout for additional training that we create.
We are here to expedite the process of making money with your physical products and that’s what we’re all about. Take a look at our advanced training, live events, certification programs and so much more.
In this training, I will discuss some of the things to think about when approaching a retailer to sell your products and become a vendor. Hope it helps! 🙂
Questions? Contact Us!
1-855-Retail-2 (Call or Text)
Retail MBA provides a step-by-step formula on How to Sell to Major Retailers, Online Retailers, Smaller Retailers, Catalogs and More. No Experience Required! These solutions continue to convert for clients year-over-year! These are Time-Tested and Proven Strategies that we utilize ourselves when going after stores! Everything we teach, we test. Want access to these formulas? ANY one of our programs and coaching systems gives you access to them now. With that said…
Here are 4 Easy Ways to Work with Us:
1) Free Training – If You Would Like to Join Our Next FREE Webinar Training Called “Retail Chain Store Secrets – How to Sell to Major Retail Chains. No Experience Required” Then Sign Up NOW To Learn All About Selling into Retail Chains By Clicking Here! https://www.retailmba.com
2) Masterclass Intensives – Want to Join our Next 4 Week Elite Retail MBA Masterclass Intensive? These Intensives Are EPIC for people who Love Fast Paced Learning – Homework, Retail Coaching, Developing Your Strategy, Buyers Contacts and More! These Events Are Held Every Quarter. Join us by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/masterclass
3) Done-for-You Program – If You Want Karen Waksman and Her Team to Reach Out to Your Top Dream Retail Chains On Your Behalf – And You Have a Retail-Ready Product, Check Out our Epic Done-For-You Service by Clicking Here: https://www.retailmbabrands.com/done
4) In Person Events – If You Want to Learn LIVE and Meet Karen Waksman in Person at Our Next Retail Sellers LIVE Event with Other Like-Minded Individuals in Beautiful San Diego, CA!
We Would LOVE to Have You Join Us by Clicking Here: https://www.americasnextretailproduct.com
Thanks so much.
And…if you like this training, you will love these new short training sessions as well! Click on the links provided to watch and grow your consumer product business TODAY!